terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- Eligibility for any prize is dependent on the competitor completing the approved course in accordance with these rules and conditions.
- Each competitor must assemble behind the designated starting line, await the official start and then proceed on the approved course. Entry into the course prior to the official start will result in disqualification.
- Each competitor must wear the official chest bib on his/her front such that the allotted number can be seen for the duration of the run.
- A time checkpoint will be set up for each event. Competitors who do not reach the checkpoint under the time allotted in the race details must withdraw from the event.
- Outside checkpoint assistance is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- The event organiser’s decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- The event organisers reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel any entry at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons, or if, in the opinion of the organisers, the entrant is unable to complete the event or reach the checkpoint in the allotted time. Cancellation of an entry or entries by either party will not result in any refund except where the event organisers deem appropriate.
- All competitors must follow the approved course, observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials.
- Spectators may not follow competitors on foot, in vehicles or with any other mode of transportation.
- No roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, hand-cycles, baby strollers, scooters, or dogs will be permitted.
General Waiver Agreement and Release
I agree to the above terms and the following as a condition of entry into the event:
I, the undersigned, affirm that I participate in this run at my own risk, that there will be some support available and some route markings, aid stations will be positioned at predetermined points along the course, and minimal medical support or assistance and I cannot hold my fellow runners, those who advertise the run or anyone else involved in the run or anyone else, responsible for any accident, injury or death sustained by anyone, anywhere or any property lost, stolen or damaged.
I know that the run traverses extremely rough and rugged bushland, that is inhabited by the standard Australian wildlife ie snakes, and accept I could get hurt, lost, dehydrated, injured or could even die. I understand that I will be running in an area subject to severe and rapid changes in weather including, high temperatures, high winds, rain, and sleet. I fully accept this on my own behalf.
I believe that I am fit enough to start and complete this run, or else have the capabilities to get back to civilisation or my support crew and that I am responsible for myself and the cost of any search and/or rescue and/or ambulance if I become lost or suffer any medical problem.
The race organisers may refuse to allow me to participate in the event if reasonably required for the safety of myself or others.
By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury and acknowledge that I will be responsible for my own health and safety during the event. If I observe any safety risk during the event, I agree to notify event management immediately and take all practicable steps to ensure my own health and safety and the safety of others. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of my participation in this event or any breach of these terms. This release shall extend to and include Australian Ultra Runners Association Inc. (AURA) and its respective committee and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever, and promoters and sponsors. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of event medical and paramedical personnel in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me as the result of my participation in the event.
I agree to abide by the event rules and conditions and agree that the event organisers may, at their absolute discretion, vary the event rules and conditions without prior notice to me.
I consent to AURA and event sponsors using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media. I also consent to having my name placed in the AURA database for the receipt of newsletters and other promotional material relating to the sport of ultra running.
I understand that safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, gear checks and race safety briefings) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
I agree to abide by the race rules and directions issued by the event organisers.
The event organisers may change the race format, course of other race conditions at their discretion. Should such change occur then this agreement applies to the changed conditions.